“All the subtle and ever more subtle knowledge is derived from keeping good company and listening to good words.”
~ Aghoreshwar Bhagwan Ram
Whether you are already pursuing a path of spirituality or seeking guidance about how to geat started, Sonoma Ashram is here to support you in living a healthy, happy, meaningful life. A community center of teaching and learning, the Ashram provides a foundation for personal growth, self-care and service to others. You will be in good company, in sangha (a community of like-minded people), supporting each other in forming healthy habits, and bringing a steady practice into your life.
Open to the public, Sonoma Ashram is a place to come and connect with yourself:
- Daily Meditation – Group meditation is held at the Ashram every morning and evening. Individual instruction in meditation is available weekday evenings and Saturdays. Spanish language classes are also offered.
- Individual Retreats – Connect more fully with Aghor teachings and the daily rhythm of the Ashram through an overnight stay. Experience yoga, pranayama, meditation, chanting, silence, nourishing meals, group darshan, and one-on-one time with Babaji, while you learn simple practices to connect with your inner fullness.
- Day-Long Programs – Day workshops, often including a lunchtime meal with nutritious food grown from our gardens. Offerings in yoga asana, meditation, Ayurveda, and other mind/body/spirit healing modalities in keeping with, and complementary to, the Aghor teachings.
- Yoga – Gentle, guided hour-long practice for yoga students of all levels and abilities.
- Sunday Satsang Meditation & Teaching – Weekly community gathering for group meditation and talk at the Ashram. Sunday Satsang is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about Babaji and his teachings, and to meet like-minded souls within the Ashram community.
- Organic Gardening – Sonoma Ashram’s seasonal organic gardens are among the property’s greatest delights. You are invited to stroll and enjoy the sights and smells of this ever-changing landscape or even lend a hand in tending and harvesting.
- Healthy Cooking Classes & Meals – Cooking classes are offered periodically throughout the year by our resident Ashram chefs. After class, you are welcome to join us for a meal.
- Community Service – Sonoma Ashram is a referral site for Sonoma County’s court system and an inspirational place to complete mandated community service hours.
- Events & Observances – Throughout the year the Ashram observes various traditional holidays and festivals, always with an emphasis on celebrating the sacred connection with the Divine.